Life Hack: 10 Best Home Exercises To Get Rid Of Flabby Arms
Arm fat is tough to get rid of. To lose arm fat and tone them, you must do exercises for flabby arms. These exercises target the bicep and tricep muscles present at the front and back of your arms respectively. Doing these exercises regularly can help whittle away the excess flab effectively and give you shapely, toned arms.
But before we get to the exercises, let us first understand what causes flabby arms in the first place. Scroll down to find out!
1. Triceps Dips
If you are working out at home, place your arms on a chair or bench and elevate your feet by putting a stool under them.
- Assume the starting position by placing your arms behind your back, gripping a bench or the rack.
- From the starting position, slowly lower yourself. Keep your body upright and your elbows, tucked close to your sides.
- Concentrate on lowering your body only with the triceps. Ensure that your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
- After this, push your body back up using only your triceps. Repeat
Push-ups are primarily chest exercises, but they also work the triceps as a secondary muscle. They are one of the most common measures of strength.
- Place your hands with the palms facing downward on the floor, shoulder-width apart, with a slight bend in your arms. Keep your feet together. Support your weight on your hands and toes.
- Lower yourself until your chest is almost touching the floor. Inhale as you do this.
- Exhale and push your body up back to the first position.
- Steady yourself at the top and repeat.
3. Tricep Kickbacks
Tricep kickbacks require two light dumbbells. If you don’t have any at home, you can use one-liter water bottles.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- While you are standing, bend your knees slightly, keeping your back straight, and bend forward slightly. Your body should be almost parallel to the floor. Keep your head up and your arms close to your sides such that there is a 90-degree angle between your forearm and upper arm.
- Keep your shoulders locked to your sides while extending your arms back. Focus on the contraction of your triceps only.
- Hold for two seconds and lower your arms to the starting position. Avoid swinging your arms.
4. Tricep Extensions
Tricep extension is an amazing exercise for triceps and helps to make the triceps stronger and more toned.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold a dumbbell with both hands, with the thumbs wrapped around it for better grip. The dumbbell should be held behind your head, and your palms must face the ceiling.
- Your upper arms should be close to your head. The elbows should be close to your eyes and perpendicular to the floor.
- Lower your upper arms until the weight is touching the upper part of your back. Don’t move your elbows. Keep them locked close to your ears.
- Use your triceps to raise the dumbbell up with your arms fully extended over your head. Exhale as you do this.
5. Bent Over Row
To perform a bent over row, you will need a barbell. A set of dumbbells can also be used as an alternative.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and grab a barbell with your palms facing down.
- Bend forward and slightly bend your knees. Keep your back straight. Your torso should be parallel to the floor, and your head pointed up.
- Keep your elbows close to your body. Breathe out, and pull the bar towards your chest, just below your ribs. Exhale as you do this.
- At this position, squeeze your back muscles and hold.
- Lower the bar down to the starting position, just around your knees. Repeat.
6. One-Arm Side Push-Up
The one-arm push-up is a useful exercise for targeting the triceps and getting rid of those flabby arms.
- Lie on your side with the knees slightly bent.
- Place your left arm on your right shoulder.
- Push your torso up with your right arm on the floor, palm facing up.
- Switch sides and repeat.
7. The Windmill
Rotating the upper arms and the shoulders gives your arms a thorough workout and builds strength in the upper arms, shoulders, and neck muscles. The biceps and triceps are the secondary muscles targeted.
- Raise your arms in front of you at the shoulder level, parallel to the ground.
- Now, raise your arms upwards and rotate them backwards and down and front again in a 360-degree motion like the blades of a windmill.
- Repeat this motion 20 times forward and 20 times backwards.
8. The Wave Goodbye
The motion of waving your arms lets you twist your arms, right from your wrists to your shoulders. This means that you are stretching all your arm muscles and toning your arm.
- Raise your arms to the shoulder level to your sides.
- Start waving your palms as if you are waving goodbye to someone.
- Keep your upper arms still. Move only your palms.
- Speed up the process such that you wave about 100 times in a minute. Do three sets of 100 waves each.
9. The Prayer Pose
When you join your hands together, your triceps are engaged. When you move your hands up and down, your biceps are engaged. This way, you are working out your triceps and biceps together and toning your upper arms with each repetition.
- Join your hands in a praying pose above your head.
- Bring your joined palms down to the front of your chest.
- Raise your joined hands again.
- Repeat this for 30 repetitions.
10. Arm Stretches
When you interlock your hands, your triceps are engaged. Pulling the hands to the opposite sides creates a further stretch in the triceps, thereby toning them. This exercise for flabby arms is great for those who have loose fat hanging on their triceps.
- Raise your hands above your head.
- Hold your right wrist with your left hand and your left wrist with your right hand, thereby interlocking your hands.
- Now, with your right hand, pull your left hand towards your right such that your left elbow falls behind your head.
- Release the tension and take your arms back to the center without releasing your wrists.
- With your left hand, pull your right hand towards the left such that your right elbow falls behind your head.
- Again, release the pull and take your hands to the center. Repeat this for at least two sets of 20 repetitions each.